Traditional wheel alignment is a thing of the past. Modern cars need to have the full four-wheel alignment system, rather than just the basic tracking, in order to run smoothly.
Wheel alignment is all about checking the direction and angle at which the wheels are set against your vehicle manufacturer's specifications. Misalignment, even the smallest amount, can lead to driving issues. Did you know that:
- 90% of cars on the roads today suffer from some form of misalignment.
- 58% of cars suffer misalignment on the rear wheels, which won't be found with a standard tracking system
- The average car is driven about 12,000 miles per year. A car with a toe alignment, just 0.34 degrees out of specification, has dragged its tyre sideways for more than 68 miles by the end of the year. That's if the tyres last that long!
- A tyre that should last you 15-20,000 miles can be rendered unusable within 4- 0r 5,000 miles even with the smallest of misalignments.
Wheels that are not aligned cause premature wearing of tyres. It also makes road handling more difficult, and is more costly in the long run as tyres have to be prematurely replaced. Fuel efficiency is also diminished.
Wheel alignment can be affected by hitting kerbs or pot holes, minor accidents, or simply wear and tear. In most cases it means that you will have to replace tyres much earlier than expected.
This is why we have invested significantly in technology, specifically the Hunter HawkEye Special wheel alignment system.
The Hunter HawkEye uses imaging alignment technology to track and spot misalignment and give rapid and live alignment readings. It's quick, efficient and accurate, giving our customers the knowledge that their wheel alignment is in the best of hands. It's aligns all four wheels, and also checks the castor and the camber.
You should always check your alignment if:
- Your car has hit a kerb, pot hole or other road hazard
- Your tyres look more worn on one side than the other
- Your car pulls or drifts to one side on a straight road
If you buy a new set of tyres it makes perfect sense to check the alignment at the same time to protect your investment. At the bare minimum, we recommend checking alignment once a year if you car does an average mileage. For high mileage we would recommend checking more often.
We have the only Hunter system within several miles, and some of our customers come from Leicester, Derby, Burton-onTrent and cities all around us to take advantage of our equipment.
It's fast – a reading can be done within 15 minutes, adjustments in as little as half hour. There is no obligation to have the work done we offer a reading for £15 + VAT for a printout.
The technology will give a before and after reading so you can see exactly what's been done.
Where possible we offer a walk-in service.